Errors can be classified into the following major categories
1. Parts specific errors
2. Session errors
3. Configuration errors
4. Software errors
5. Unknown errors
Every type of error requires specific approach. First it is important to determine the type of error. Start from ascending order of list above.
1. Once error is reported, get the log file and see if anything can be found.
2. Try to duplicate error for other parts. If it is not throwing error for other parts then its part specific. Inspect part, method used and find solution.
3. If the error is not part specific try to duplicate it on other user machine. If it is not duplicated then user session or installation has the problem. Check if correct version and patch is installed. All necessary pre-requisites are installed. If it still doesn’t work restart the machine and check. If not possible, restart NX and Teamcenter. Most of the errors are usually session errors that go after restart.
4. If you see the error coming on more than one user machines then check for Teamcenter and NX configuration. Check if any new template has been added or any new customization has been added or any customer default has been changed etc.
5. If any recent upgrade has been made to software check for compatibility or reported bugs on GTAC site. Most software bugs can be found on GTAC site.
6. If the error cannot be categorized and identified, then it must be reported as PR.
Delete or Regenerate Client Meta Data Cache and Meta Data Cache
Use at your own risk!
Use on server in a TC-Command Shell. Use this only if necessary (and in system – downtime)
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -delete
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t delete all
generate_client_meta_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -t generate all
generate_metadata_cache -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba -force