Teamcenter provides functionality that enables you to initiate, administer, review, approve, and execute product changes, using your company’s business process similar to the one shown here.
Change management process is bridging factor between engineering, operations and manufacturing process. Effective product change management is critical to continuous and systematic product improvement.
- Automate change related process
- Minimize change related work
With Teamcenter®, you can use the power of PLM to optimize your product change management processes, and realize innovation. You have a clear understanding of the data, people, and processes impacted by a change, enabling you to effectively plan. Leverage flexible change processes that meet your specific needs. These processes drive execution and help provide full change traceability. With product change management, you can effectively manage the evolution of your products, issues, and improvements, while also implementing change quickly, accurately, and comprehensively to better respond to your customers’ needs.
- One of the biggest challenges in manufacturing company is keeping track of all the changes during the lifecycle of a product. Each time a new version of a part is introduced, it has impacts on products, BOMs, routing as well as supply chain.
- Change in vehicle design arises due to various reasons like customer requirement, cost reduction, product development and so on. As the design change need arises it should be mapped in a release process.
- The current Teamcenter enterprise framework has design release issues which need to be addressed and solved through a new design release workflow in Teamcenter unified by mapping all the business processes.
To enable Change Manager During installation:
You need to run tem.bat from TC_ROOT\INSTALL folder
- Select Configuration manager in Maintenance panel Click next
- Select perform maintenance on an existing configuration in configuration maintenance panel Click next
- Select your configuration Click next
- Select Add/Remove Features in feature maintenance panel Click next
- Select Change Management in the Select Features panel under Extensions→Enterprise Knowledge Foundation in Teamcenter Environment Manager.
- Read and click “OK” Click next
- Provide credentials for Teamcenter admin user “infodba” Click next
- Verify change management template in database template summary panel Click next
- Review the Configuration and click “Start” to install.
- Review the installation status and click “Close”.
Product change management in Teamcenter helps you manage your change processes across all impacted domains, timelines, and resources. Powerful workflow and schedule management capabilities make it easier for you to manage complex changes.