Teamcenter® software’s integration for Creo allows you to reduce your product development cycle times and cost by enhancing your Creo environment to deliver a single source of product data for your design and manufacturing teams. Leveraging Active Workspace, the integration provides intuitive access to a full range of product lifecycle management (PLM) functionality from with your Creo environment.
Teamcenter integration for Creo enables you to easily capture, manage, control and share Creo Parametric data with your product development team and supply chain participants. Providing a single source of product and process data, the capabilities go beyond workgroup CAD data management and are optimized for scalability across a wide area network, enabling geographically distributed design centers to connect to a single database and volume server.
Teamcenter integration for Creo enables all the design information created in Creo to be captured, controlled and shared by your organization in a single, highly secure PLM environment. This environment provides version management and access controls to ensure that the right people get the right information at the right time.
Using this integration, design teams can quickly search and access Creo parts, assemblies, drawings and user-defined features to eliminate time wasted trying to find and share design information, while reducing change orders by making certain that everyone is working from the latest design information.
Everyday task and process management
Teamcenter delivers a PLM environment that is focused on managing everyday tasks and processes for design through manufacturing. Industry best practice workflows for product release and engineering change are included to ensure that these processes are conducted consistently and efficiently. A simple and intuitive user interface, with configurable levels of change notification, enables Creo designers to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative environment.
Extend the value of Creo with Teamcenter Rapid Start and Active Workspace
For new Teamcenter customers who want to get up and running quickly, you can choose the Teamcenter Rapid Start deployment option for Teamcenter, which delivers a preconfigured product data management (PDM) environment that is focused on managing everyday tasks and processes for product development. Preconfigured industry best-practice workflows including design release and engineering change ensure that processes are completed consistently and efficiently.
Active Workspace is a simple and intuitive user interface for Teamcenter that enables Creo designers to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative environment. The PDM environment can be extended to include non-CAD users through Active Workspace’s browser-based user interface or integration with Microsoft Outlook.
Multi-CAD collaboration and design in-context
Teamcenter multi-CAD support enables design teams to create and modify component designs on any major CAD system, and assemble their innovations into a multi-CAD product design. Teamcenter synchronizes product information to make certain that everyone is working from the latest designs while automatically managing both native and neutral CAD representations.
Further improving productivity, Teamcenter design “in-context” and spatial search capability enables Creo designers to quickly navigate large amounts of product and process information needed to establish the proper spatial context for their design activity. By performing detailed searches of the model, such as “show me everything connected to the engine, braking or rear suspension system” Teamcenter will retrieve only the relevant design data, regardless of the source of the multi-CAD data, helping the designer retain the context of the total product.
The Creo integration is supported by both Teamcenter and Teamcenter Rapid Start, which power innovation and productivity by connecting people and processes with knowledge.
• Load – using existing components to create an assembly
• Save – as a new revision, new version or new design
• Bi-directional attribute mapping
• Create, configure and edit assemblies using Teamcenter (top down) or Creo (bottom up)
• Automatically generate and vault lightweight visualization (JT™ data format) files for digital mockup
• Accurate translation and rendering of assembly features
• Automatically create preview images for parts, assemblies and drawings
• Save mechanical properties including volume, weight, surface area, moments of inertia
• Automatic design validation through ModelCHECK™, with results stored in Teamcenter
• Access Teamcenter workspace and functions such as search, where used, baseline and workflow
• Selectively update to new versions or revisions without reloading your in-session assembly
Provide support for:
• Simplified representations
• Family tables
• Full or partial structure duplication (assembly “clone”)
• Bulk data import and export
• Filter by data types to control volume of files delivered to the client
• Seed parts
• CAD-centric transfer of ownership between federated sites
• Multiple Creo versions
The Teamcenter integration for Creo provides intuitive access to product and process data from within your native MCAD environment, enabling you to work in a collaborative design environment.
Teamcenter Integration for Pro/Engineer enables all the design information created in Pro/Engineer to be captured, controlled and shared by your organization is a single, highly secure cPDM environment, while version management and access control ensure that the right people get the right information at the right time.
• Less time spent by your technical staff in finding the correct revisions of Creo data
• Eliminate guesswork and rework by leveraging Teamcenter to control design configuration
• Faster product change and approval processes resulting in decreased time-to-market
• Creo files integrated with all of your technical data to provide a single source of product information that supports your complete design-through the manufacturing process