Teamcenter® software’s integration for SolidWorks allows you to reduce your product development cycle times and cost by enhancing your SolidWorks environment to deliver a single source of product data for your design and manufacturing teams. The integration provides access to a full range of product lifecycle management (PLM) capabilities to further optimize your design-through-manufacturing processes.
Teamcenter integration for SolidWorks goes beyond workgroup CAD data management, enabling design and manufacturing teams to work closely together to streamline product development processes by providing a single source of product data. It is optimized for scalability across a wide area network, enabling geographically distributed design centers to connect to a single database and volume server.
All design information created using SolidWorks is captured, controlled and shared by your engineering teams in a single highly secure Teamcenter environment with version management and access controls to ensure that the right people get the right information at the right time.
SolidWorks design teams can use the integration to quickly search for SolidWorks parts, assemblies and drawings. The integration enables users to save time trying to find and share design data distributed between diverse design teams and their suppliers. It also eliminates unnecessary work orders by ensuring that everyone is working from the latest design information.
For new Teamcenter customers who want to get up and running quickly, you can choose the Teamcenter Rapid Start deployment option for Teamcenter, which delivers a preconfigured product data management (PDM) environment that is focused on managing everyday tasks and processes for product development. Preconfigured industry best-practice workflows including design release and engineering change ensure that processes are completed consistently and efficiently.
Active Workspace is a simple and intuitive user interface for Teamcenter that enables SolidWorks designers to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative environment. The PDM environment can be extended to include non-CAD users through Active Workspace‘s browser-based user interface or integration with Microsoft Outlook.
Teamcenter multi-CAD support enables design teams to create and modify component designs on any major CAD system and assemble their innovations/modifications into a multi-CAD product design. Teamcenter synchronizes product information to ensure that all teams are working from the latest designs, while automatically managing both native and neutral CAD representations to eliminate delays caused by constant data translations. The innovative Teamcenter approach to multi-CAD collaboration enables your extended enterprise to leverage other CAD investments in addition to SolidWorks.
Teamcenter engineering process management capabilities surpass those of traditional CAD file management by capturing all relevant product and process information and relating these assets to a common product structure. In addition to managing all of your related CAD, CAM and CAE information, Teamcenter can manage design specifications, documents, requirements and other types of product information. Teamcenter process management capabilities enable you to define design-through-manufacturing workflows, allowing you to efficiently manage and execute changes and enforce company-specific business rules.
The SolidWorks integration is supported by both Teamcenter and Teamcenter Rapid Start, which power innovation and productivity by connecting people and processes with knowledge.
• Teamcenter is the most widely used PLM system, which is backed by Siemens Digital Industries Software’s leadership in delivery. Users of Teamcenter can easily expand the scope of their PLM implementation by taking advantage of a comprehensive portfolio of applications as well as its proven scalability in terms of performance and global implementation.
• Teamcenter Rapid Start is a pre-configured PDM deployment option for Teamcenter that manages design data, as well as everyday tasks and processes, providing an ideal entry point into the Teamcenter product line for small and medium-sized business with a growth path to PLM.
Teamcenter PLM for SolidWorks provides intuitive access to product data from within your MCAD session, enabling you to work in a collaborative design environment with drag & drop access to your SolidWorks models.
Teamcenter software’s integration for SolidWorks allows you to reduce your product development cycle times and cost by enhancing your SolidWorks environment to deliver a single source of product data for your design and manufacturing teams.
• SolidWorks files integrated with all of your technical data to provide a single source of product data that supports your complete design-through-manufacturing process
• Less time finding the correct revisions of SolidWorks data
• Faster product change and approval processes resulting in decreased time-to-market
• Consistent work processes followed across all data formats, resulting in less errors and rework
• Improved collaboration within your organization and with customers and suppliers SolidWorks files integrated with all of your technical data to provide a
single source of product data that supports your complete design-through-manufacturing process