With new versions comes always new functionalities and new problems.
It is important to be aware of new limitations while getting excited about new possibilities.
Existing data may not fit
Customizations may not not behave as desired
Performance may not necessarily improve
Based on our experience we make sure you get full benefit of your investment in upgrade projects. It should not be just a version up but should be significant gain in functionality and performance. It is also an opportunity to revisit solution and architecture and possible customizations.
We give utmost importance to thorough testing with end user involvement to make sure your upgrade is successfull.
Some Important tips for upgrade:
- Make a list of reasons you want to upgrade? Verify if upgrade will really solve those problems or you need to solve them first? (performance issues can be resolved without upgrade)
- Do cost vs Benefit for new features and changes.
- Find a very stable suitable version to detail and check problem reports, bugs reported and fixes.
- Test the selected version thoroughly on your production copy.
- Take upgrade as opportunity to review and change environment and data model to make simple and use OOTB functions as much possible.
- Take upgrade as opportunity to prepare or adapt for future like cloud hosting, FMS hosting, IoT and Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Extract as much value as possible from upgrade investment.
- Make life simple for you and your users